The conference calls for presentations on the following thematic areas:
- The journalistic profession in the crossroads: identity crisis, relationship with power, Independence and financial survival, risk factors…
- Journalism and communications today: theoretical and methodological perspectives
- History of journalism: What can we learn from the past? Editorial models and the prestige of journalists
- Digital journalism, social networks and the classical values of journalism
- Specialized journalism and new professional landscapes
- The challenges of visual journalism: tradition, innovation and new media
- Television and radio journalism in the digital era
- Successful business experiences in times of crisis
- Journalism education: How should the new generations of journalists be taught and trained?
Guidelines for papers:
The abstracts should be sent to the e-mail address «firstname.lastname@example.org» as an attached document.
The abstracts have a limit of 300 words and should include the following items: title, presentation of the subject, objectives, methodology and main conclusions. They should also include five or six keywrds and state the thematic area in which to include the proposal. Also, the name, e-mail and university or institutional affiliation of the speaker/s and a brief (2-3 line) CV. Communications can be presented in Spanish or English. It should be presented in Arial type, 12 points and 1.5 spaces.
Each proposal will be reviewed by peers from the Scientific Committee, which will inform the author/s about their acceptance or rejection on Friday, March 20, 2015.
Presentation of the complete text of the communication:
The complete text must be presented before May 22, 2015. They must be sent to the e-mail address «email@example.com» as an attached document.
The maximum extension, including bibliographic references, is 7,000 words. References should be included at the end of the text, under the title: “References”, sing the APA style. Footnotes and endnotes are admitted only in exceptional cases.
In order to obtain the certificate of participation in the Conference, personal attendance and presentation of the communication is required. A non-personal presentation could be allowed only in exceptional cases, with a justified cause.
- The organization is planning editing a CD of the minutes (with an ISBN code), which will include the communications that were presented timely and adequately and approved by the committee.
- An e-book with a selection of the best presentations will be published (also with an ISBN code) after an evaluation of blind peers (*). The papers selected for this tome will not be included in the published minutes, so as to provide the book with exclusive high-quality documents.
(*) If financial aid is available, this book will be edited in paper within the SEP collection. In any case, SEP will produce the e-book.